Friday, April 23, 2010

horsin' around

This time of year, in Louisville, you find horses on about everything. Because you never know where the future will lead us I wanted to make sure I had a little bit of Louisville to always keep with me. Moving here was a giant leap for me & my family & this place (rotten Ohio Valley allergies and all) will always be very special to me. Enough waxing nostalgic. Here's my artsy craft idea:
This free local magazine Underwired had a great drawing on the cover this month. I grabbed a handful at the grocery store and brought them home.
Then inside I found this Derby Month Calendar:

My plan in to cut out 3 of the cover images and frame them. Then display them side by side. Not sure what to do with the calendar page yet. Maybe I'll frame one of them as well. I'll share pics once I'm done. Weather permitting; I'll be on the search for cheap frames tomorrow morning at local yardsales!
And since we're talking about horses. Check out this cool postcard I picked up at the Mellwood Arts Center.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment