Tuesday, April 20, 2010

pretty trays

I bought my first tray in Asheville, NC during our 2nd anniversary get-a-way. I was a new mom, away for the weekend, and this tray caught my eye in an antique shop. I think it was the little boy that made me fall in love with it.




Then this tray was given to me by my mother. I think she saved it from being thrown away at a friend's house. It's pretty banged up but I love the seasonal art work. p.s. I'm not one of those crazy coke collectors.
And now I want more. They're kitchy, and useful. I use the Uneeda tray as an "empty your pockets out & throw your keys here" catcher in my kitchen. For those of you paying attention; that is a calculator watch. My husband thinks it's the coolest thing ever & I agree just so he doesn't give me a hard time about collecting junk.
The Coca Cola tray lives on my dining room table until I find somewhere where she's needed more. For now she gives my birdies a place to perch. And is a great way to transfer food to the grill for an outside picnic.
That's it for now. Until I find more. Have you started a new collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment