Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One man's junk is this woman's treasure!

I love junk. It could stem from the frequent weekend trips to the Anderson Jockey Lot we took as a family growing up. Sharing boiled peanuts with dad, 3 for $10 bootleg cassettes, airbrushed t-shirts, and chickens & puppies & lizards for sale!
Or it could be the 6am yard sale/Goodwill circuit I took with mom almost every weekend in the spring & summer. Weeding through people's stuff; looking for lost treasure.
One of my favorite things about Louisville; the yard sales & flea markets! They are abundant and unlike SC; they last ALL DAY! From Friday to Sunday; sun up to sun down; these people are yard selling. And I love it. 
Here are a couple of things I picked up this weekend at the J-Town Mall of Vendors (sort of an indoor flea market) that make me happy.
These antique books were 50 cents each! With my love for all things old, tiny, and paper-how could I pass them up?
One is a brag book for little pics of your cuties and the other a day planner. I have no idea if I'll actually use them but...Love! Love! Love!   



Hi Good buddy! Hipsters hold on to your ironic trucker hats; the belt buckle. It's big & old & dirty and it's a beauty! The subject matter sold me on this piece. Originally $15; it was marked down to 25 cents! I had to have it.

So fellow craft-a-billies; leave me a comment! I'd love to hear about your favorite flea market find. Kathy, I know you must have a dozen of 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment